Great British Journeys by adeo Travel
Small group tours are taking over the travel industry more and more. In our last year’s blog post about their growth, we have explained what a small group tour actually is, what are tours’ benefits and drawbacks, and what type of travellers would enjoy them. You can read that post by clicking here.
In this post, we would like to re-introduce you to our boutique small groups tours, carefully curated by us – adeo Travel. Already run in 2022 after a break of two years, and with great satisfaction from our dear guests, we have followed guest feedback to further improve our itineraries for this season and are proud to present you our four main tours across Britain!
1. England’s Rustic Charm – this 9-days tour takes you to the highlights of Central and Northern England. Starting in Bath, travel to honey-coloured villages of the Cotswolds, ruggedly beautiful landscapes of the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales, dreaming spires of Oxford, the Tudor streets of Stratford-upon-Avon and the medieval city of York. On this journey, you’ll visit Jeremy Clarkson’s Hawkstone Brewery to taste some of their excellent homebrewed beers – but if beer’s not your thing, you will also have a chance to enjoy a traditional Afternoon Tea of finger sandwiches and sweet treats in the pretty Yorkshire spa town of Harrogate. For scenic views, sit back and relax during your ride in a vintage steam train crossing River Severn through rolling hills of Severn Valley. There will also be time for history lesson in William Shakespeare’s childhood home, ancient thermal pools of Roman Baths and the magnificent stately home of Castle Howard – after which you will become the true explorer of England’s unique heritage and RUSTIC landscapes!
2. Treasures of Cornwall – this 7-days tour takes you to the highlights of South West England. Starting in Salisbury, travel to green moors of Dartmoor National Park where wild ponies roam free, see the dramatic and breath-taking coastlines of Cornwall and visit the characterful fishing towns of St Ives and Port Isaac, and the bustling harbour town of Falmouth. On this journey, you’ll also see the most famous megalithic monument in the world – Stonehenge, where you can try to discover its meaning and mystery. As you explore the legends of King Arthur and Merlin, and read about Tristan and Iseult’s romance at Tintagel Castle’s ruins, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to take photos of the stunning rugged coast. TREASURE the unforgettable memories of world-renowned landscapes forever as you follow the steps of Rowena Cade in carved onto the cliff Minack Theatre, board the steam train through the beautiful valleys and rivers of Dartmouth, and immerse yourself in the magic of green gardens at Eden Project’s biodomes.
3. Enchanting Wales – this 8-days tour takes you to the highlights of Welsh nation. Starting in the capital, Cardiff, travel to the gorgeous shorelines of Pembrokeshire, the towering mountains of the Snowdonia National Park, the charming landscapes of the Border Marches and picturesque towns of Tenby and Conwy. On this journey, you’ll have the chance to explore the history and royal chambers as you tour the impressive Cardiff and Powis Castles. To discover the Celtic heritage, you’ll visit traditional farm cottages and 16th-century manor house at St Fagans Museum, and learn about rich mining industry of Wales at Big Pit Coal Mine. With an entry to Portmeirion, you can immerse yourself in colours, different architectural styles and sub-tropical gardens of this Italianate village. To top it up, you’ll be ENCHANTED by Wales’ natural beauty as you follow scenic west coast past the sweeping sands of Cardigan Bay and take the ride to Snowdon summit on Mountain Railway.
4. Secrets of Scotland – this 9-day tour takes you to the highlights of Scottish country. Starting in historic capital Edinburgh, discover the SECRETS of Scotland’s dramatic landscapes as you travel to the remote wilderness of the Scottish Highlands, the pure beauty of the Isle of Skye, the renowned city of Inverness, a seaside town of St Andrews and the famous Loch Ness with legendary monster “Nessie”. Travel back in time as you explore some of the most impressive ancient castles and ruins of Britain, including Edinburgh, Glamis, Urquhart and Doune Castles, and deepen your history and art knowledge as you wander the galleries of National Museum of Scotland. Your epic journey wouldn’t be complete without trying the “Water of Life” – Scottish whisky – as you visit a distillery in Speyside region.
On selected dates you can even combine main itineraries to explore the UK in greater depth. Tours take from 14 to 24 days and are perfect for travellers, who would like to explore more than one region or country in one go. Please see below list with links, or search our website for more details:
- England’s Coast and Country – combination of Treasures of Cornwall and England’s Rustic Charm
- Beauty of Britain – England and Scotland – combination of England’s Rustic Charm and Secrets of Scotland
- Essence of England and Wales – combination of Enchanting Wales and England’s Rustic Charm
- South Coast to Skye – England and Scotland – combination of Treasures of Cornwall, England’s Rustic Charm and Secrets of Scotland
- The Great British Journey – combination of Enchanting Wales, England’s Rustic Charm and Secrets of Scotland
- A Celtic Journey – Wales and Cornwall – combination of Treasures of Cornwall and Enchanting Wales
- Treasures of Wales and Scotland – combination of Enchanting Wales and Secrets of Scotland
Are you ready to explore the corners of England, Scotland and Wales thanks to itineraries designed to take you beyond the traditional tourist hot-spots? With our small group tours you will also enjoy the services and expertise of your professional driver/tour leader, the comfort of a luxury mini-coach in the company of a maximum group-size of just 16 travellers. Staying in characterful overnight accommodation, going beyond the tourist trail, experiencing a comprehensive touring programme, sampling traditional cuisines, meeting the local people and enjoying plenty of free-time to explore various destinations at your leisure – will all make your holiday stress- and carefree, comfortable and remarkable.
Please do not hesitate to contact one of our UK based agents for a free quotation and get your seat booked soon! We are looking forward to welcoming you to England, Scotland and Wales and – in spirit of upcoming Valentine’s Day – making you fall in love with our heritage, nature, food and people!
February 3, 2023