- Day 1 Glencoe Valley, Fort William and Eilean Donan Castle
Today we enjoy a day of stunning vistas as we travel from Edinburgh to Scotland's West Coast and then through the Highlands to the Isle of Skye. Our journey this morning offers views of Stirling Castle and Doune Castle before we arrive in the picturesque town of Callander on the edge of the Trossachs National Park. After a brief stop, we’ll then pass north in to the Highlands, crossing over the desolate Rannoch Moor and through the spectacular mountain pass of Glencoe, the scene of the infamous Macdonald Clan massacre of 1692. Arriving on Scotland's West Coast, we pass through port town Fort William and gain views of Britain’s highest peak, Ben Nevis. Our Highland drive then takes us to the iconic Eilean Donan Castle, one of Scotland’s most famous castles, located at the meeting point of three lochs. Crossing over the bridge to Skye, our journey ends in the island’s capital town, Portree. After checking in to your accommodation you have the evening free to explore this pretty harbour town and dine out at leisure.
Overnight: Portree, Isle of Skye
- Day 2 The Natural Beauty of the Isle of Skye
Our itinerary today is flexible but will be dedicated to exploring the majestic natural scenery of Skye where your driver-guide's in depth knowledge of the area will come in to its own. Perhaps tour the north of the island along the stunning Trotternish ridge with its spectacular coastal landscapes, cliffs and natural rock formations, such as the famous "Old Man of Storr", the dramatic sea cliff "Kilt Rock" and the stunning mountain pass of the Quiraing. You will have the chance to take walks in the landscapes away from the mini-bus at various stops and photo-opportunities. In the west of the island the scenery changes again with the emerald green valley of Glendale and the dramatic sea-cliffs of Neist Point (the most westerly point on the island) where you may catch glimpses of whales or sharks in the frothing waters. Time permitting you may see the 13th-century home of the Clan Macleod, Dunvegan Castle.
Overnight: Portree, Isle of Skye
Meals: Breakfast included
- Day 3 Loch Ness, the Great Glen and the Grampian Mountains
After being collected from your accommodation and travelling south through the Cuillin Hills you return to the mainland for stunning views over Loch Duich and the five Sisters of Kintail. We continue in to the Great Glen and to the shores of Loch Ness, an ideal place to pause for our lunch-stop and perhaps enjoy a bit of "Nessie-spotting”! Continuing south, we pass through the beautiful Grampian mountains and along Loch Laggan, famous now as "Monarch of the Glen Country" before passing Dalwhinnie, home to Scotland's highest whisky Distillery, and Blair Castle. Making a final stop for refreshments we return to Edinburgh past Perth and across the Firth of Forth road bridge. Your tour ends in Edinburgh at approximately 7pm.
Meals: Breakfast included
*Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
- 2 nights in Hotel accommodation (minimum 3* standard). **
- Full Scottish Breakfast each morning.
- All transportation by luxury mini-coach.
- Maximum group-size of 16 passengers for that intimate touring experience.
- Services of a professional driver/guide (one person).
- Expert local advice during the planning of your trip.
- Postage of your vacation documents pack.
- Attraction entry / attraction admission (this tour focuses on providing free time in various locations and allows you to choose which sites/attractions you may want to see during your visit).
- Pre or post tour hotel accommodation in Edinburgh.
- Airport transfers or transport to/from Edinburgh before/after your tour.
Please Note: All accommodation is minimum 3* rated and guarantees private / en-suite bathroom facilities. Specific accommodation is selected and allocated after confirmation of your booking. As tour accommodation is allocated after confirmation of the tour booking not all tour participants stay in the same establishment. Please advise if you are travelling with other guests under a different reference and we can confirm accommodation together in the same property. 4* hotel upgrade is available on request and subject to availability.
Departure Dates 2019
Daily Departures - please see table below.
Departs every day throughout 2019 (excluding Christmas).
This tour starts and ends in Edinburgh however Glasgow departures are available on selected dates, please ask for further details.
|Date Range||Price Per Person|
|Jan 1, 2019 – Mar 31, 2019||£365|
|Apr 1, 2019 – Apr 14, 2019||£369|
|Apr 15, 2019 – May 31, 2019||£430|
|Jun 1, 2019 – Sep 30, 2019||£450|
|Oct 1, 2019 – Oct 31, 2019||£430|
Single supplements apply for single occupancy rooms, please ask for a quotation for details.
This tour starts at 9am on the first day of travel and returns around 7pm (approx) on the final day of travel. We recommend arriving in your city of departure at least one day prior to the start of your tour. If you require pre or post tour accommodation in central Edinburgh (or Glasgow), please let us know.
- Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room.
- Prices are for land only tours and all tours are subject to availability.
- Prices are correct at the time of publishing to website but are subject to confirmation at time of booking.
- Prices are in GBP£ currency for approximate amounts in other currencies please contact us All trip details are correct at time of publishing to website however due to the nature of small group tours the itinerary is flexible and is subject to change based on a variety of factors.