- Day 1 London Arrival and City Sightseeing Tour
Arriving in to London Heathrow or Gatwick Airports, make your way to your central London accommodation; travelling from Heathrow you may use your included London Oyster Travel Cards on the city’s subway system, or one of a number of other methods to reach central London. After dropping your luggage at the hotel why not use your City Sightseeing Tour tickets to gain an overview of this thriving metropolis and some of its truly iconic sites and sights. Select one or more of the multiple tour routes to gain magnificent views of Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye, London Bridge or the Tower of London. You may also take a complimentary cruise along the Thames to see the city from its famous river.
Overnight: Central London
Journey details: 20 minutes to London (via Gatwick/ Heathrow Express)
- Day 2 Explore London Attractions at Leisure
Today explore London in more depth by getting around on foot or with your London Oyster Travel Card. At your own pace, you can visit a host of world-class historic and cultural attractions; our main recommendation would be the enchanting Tower of London, which, having acted as both a Royal Palace, and a prison over the centuries, is home to a wealth of monarchical history, pomp, drama and tragedy, not to mention the traditional uniformed beefeaters. Other recommendations would be a tour of Sir Christopher Wren’s masterpiece at St Paul's Cathedral, a visit to the reconstructed Shakespeare's Globe Theatre on the banks of the Thames or to head underground to the renowned subterranean Churchill’s Cabinet War Rooms whose visitor centre tells the story of Churchill’s life and legacy. By evening you may choose to head for London’s West End to take in a spectacular musical or theatre show.
Meals: Breakfast included
- Day 3 London Shopping, Museums and Galleries at Leisure
This morning you may choose to indulge in London’s shopping scene whether it be visiting one of the famous department stores such as Harrods, exploring London’s markets or wandering down Oxford Street there’s something for everyone. Alternatively, culture vultures can delight in some of the world’s most prestigious museums and galleries including the Tate Modern Gallery or the National Portrait Gallery which has works of England’s monarchs from down the centuries. The Victoria and Albert, Science and Natural History Museums may appeal whilst the British Museum is home to important global artefacts such as the Rosetta Stone. By afternoon /evening make your way to collect your vehicle for your onward self-drive tour in Britain or return to the airport for your onward flight.
Meals: Breakfast included
*Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
- 2 x nights’ hotel accommodation in central London.
- Full cooked English breakfast each morning.
- A London City Sightseeing Tour ticket (valid 24 hrs)
- London Oyster Visitor Travel Cards for use on London’s public Transport (pre-loaded with £15 credit).
- adeo Travel vacation documents pack.
- Toll-free calls to your Britain vacation specialist during the planning of your trip.
- Expert assistance during the planning of your trip and local number for advice during travel.
- Boltons Hotel, Earl’s Court, central London
- Mornington Hotel, Bayswater, central London
As our city breaks are fully customizable we can tailor the suggested inclusions for your particular quotation based on your preferences, requirements, budget etc.
- Add private car transfers or Express rail transfer tickets from London Airports.
- Purchase entry tickets for the London Eye, The Tower of London, Kensington Palace, Madame Tussauds waxworks museum or enjoy a cruise on the river Thames.
- Experience a musical theatre performance in London's famous West End.
- Enjoy a bus tour out of the city to some surrounding areas such as the Cotswolds, Warwick Castle, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, Bath Canterbury or Dover.
Customize this tour!
- Add rail tickets and an overnight stay outside of the city at Windsor, Bath, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, Cambridge, Canterbury, Dover, York, Liverpool or Chester.
- Bok a complete London tour inclusive of admission to a number of attractions.
- Combine this tour with one of our extended Britain self-drive tours.
- Enjoy an upgrade to a luxury hotel for the duration of your stay.
Staying at the 3* Boltons Hotel, central London (or similar):
January – April and August: From GBP £235 per person (based on two people travelling).
May – July and September – December: From GBP £259 per person (based on two people travelling).
Staying at the 4* Mornington Hotel, central London (or similar):
January – April and August: From GBP £259 per person (based on two people travelling).
May – July and September – December: From GBP £275 per person (based on two people travelling).
Please note: Supplements apply during key London events such as Wimbledon, the Chelsea Flower Show and the London Marathon. Please ask for details.
- Above pricing is an estimated "from" price based on mid-season travel (March/April).
- As this tour can be taken at any time pricing will vary dependent on departure day, date of travel, selected accommodations etc.
- Above pricing is based on suggested accommodations listed however please note that we can tailor your specific quote to accommodate your budget and preferences.
- Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room with one adult Britrail pass per person as specified.
- Prices are for land only travel and do not include flights.
- Prices are in GBP£ currency, for approximate amounts in other currencies please contact us.