- Day 1 London Arrival and at Leisure
Arriving in to London, use your Airport Express Rail Pass (for either Heathrow or Gatwick Airports) on the dedicated airport rail link to the city centre. After dropping the luggage at your central London hotel you can spend the rest of the day at leisure. From your central base you may choose to take a relaxing stroll through Hyde Park to Marble Arch or explore the wide avenue of the Mall to view Buckingham Palace. Along the way you’re sure to spot some of London’s iconic landmarks. By afternoon check in to your hotel to relax and dine in one of London’s many nearby restaurants.
Overnight: Central London
Journey details: 20 minutes to London (via Gatwick/ Heathrow Express)
- Day 2 Welcome to London Tour, Tower of London and St Pauls Cathedral
Today you’ll discover the iconic sights and sounds of London on a full day “Welcome to London” tour with an expert guide. Meet your guide close to your hotel and head out in to the city of London passing a number of iconic landmarks on route to our first stop of the day – the magnificent Tower of London. Here you’ll meet a real beefeater who’ll take you on an expert guided visit through this World Heritage site to discover its rich and varied history. Departing the Tower, we head for the Mall to view the Changing of the Guard ceremony (subject to availability) before taking a cruise on the famous Thames to gain city views from the river. By afternoon we visit Sir Christopher Wren’s masterpiece at St Paul’s Cathedral to visit the tombs of English statesmen and hear the famous 1695 organ play. Finally, your tour ends at Country Hall where you can proceed to visit the view the London Eye, London Aquarium or Big Ben and the houses of Parliament.
Meals: Breakfast included
- Day 3 London at Leisure, Shopping and Museums
Today you have a free day in London to enjoy the city. Using your included Oyster Travel Cards to get around why not indulge in London’s shopping scene; whether it be visiting one of the famous department stores such as Harrods, exploring London’s markets or wandering down Oxford Street there’s something for everyone. Alternatively, culture vultures can delight in some of the world’s most prestigious museums and galleries including the Tate Modern Gallery or the National Portrait Gallery which has works of England’s monarchs from down the centuries. The Victoria and Albert, Science and Natural History Museums will appeal to many whilst the British Museum is home to important global artefacts such as the Rosetta Stone.
Meals: Breakfast included
- Day 4 Out of London, Stonehenge and Bath Tour
This morning, join a fully guided tour to take you out in to the English countryside. Crossing the Salisbury Plain our first stop is at Stonehenge; an icon of England, Stonehenge is a magnificent prehistoric site that is instantly recognized the world over but remains shrouded in mystery and dates back over 5000 years. We then continue to the elegant Regency city of Bath to tour its delightful crescents, terraces and architecture. You’ll have free time take lunch before enjoying admission to the Roman Baths, a genuine Roman temple dating back almost 2000 years. Afterwards you’ll have free time to explore more of this magnificent city at your own leisure from the elegant Pulteney Bridge, to the 13th century Abbey or the Royal Crescent and Jane Austen Centre. Later we return to London. Admission to both Stonehenge and the Roman Baths are included in your tour.
Meals: Breakfast included
- Day 5 Return Home
This morning, enjoy a leisurely breakfast at your hotel before checking out. If you have time you may choose to leave your bags in storage and continue to explore the city or complete some last minute souvenir shopping. Then return to either Heathrow or Gatwick Airports via your express rail passes and check-in for your return flight or collect your rental vehicle for your onward travel in Britain.
*Journey times and distances are estimates and are based on the direct route between the start location and end location for each day of the itinerary, where applicable. They do not include detours or stops for sightseeing.
- 4 x nights’ hotel accommodation in central London.
- Full cooked English breakfast each morning.
- Heathrow or Gatwick Express Rail transfer tickets.
- London Oyster Visitor Travel Cards for use on London’s public Transport (pre-loaded with £15 credit).
- Welcome to London fully guided day tour (includes admission to the Tower of London, Changing of the Guard and fast track entry to St Pauls Cathedral).
- Stonehenge and Bath fully guided day tour (includes admission to Stonehenge and Baths Roman Baths).
- London Tourist Map.
- adeo Travel vacation documents pack.
- Toll-free calls to your Britain vacation specialist whilst planning your trip
- Expert assistance during the planning of your trip and local number for advice during travel
- Boltons Hotel, Earl’s Court, central London
- Mornington Hotel, Bayswater, central London
As our city breaks are fully customizable we can tailor the suggested inclusions for your particular quotation based on your preferences, requirements, budget etc.
- Upgrade to private car transfers from London Airports.
- Experience a musical theatre performance in London's famous West End.
- Purchase tickets for London attractions such as the London Eye, Madame Tussauds or Kensington Palace.
Customize this tour!
- Add rail tickets and an overnight stay outside of the city at Windsor, Bath, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, Cambridge, Canterbury, Dover, York, Liverpool or Chester.
- Have your very own private driver-guide chauffeur your tour of London.
- Combine this tour with one of our other Britain self-drive tours.
- Enjoy an upgrade to a luxury hotel for the duration of your stay.
Departure Dates 2020/21
This self-guided tour is customizable and can be taken at any time throughout the year and starting and ending on any day of the week - simply let us know your preferred dates of travel!
Staying at the 3* Boltons Hotel, central London (or similar):
January – April and August: From GBP £615 per person (based on two people travelling).
May – July and September – December: From GBP £665 per person (based on two people travelling).
Staying at the 4* Mornington Hotel, central London (or similar):
January – April and August: From GBP £649 per person (based on two people travelling).
May – July and September – December: From GBP £699 per person (based on two people travelling).
Please note: Supplements apply during key London events such as Wimbledon, the Chelsea Flower Show and the London Marathon. Please ask for details.
- Above pricing is an estimated "from" price based on mid-season travel (March/April).
- As this tour can be taken at any time pricing will vary dependent on departure day, date of travel, selected accommodations etc.
- Above pricing is based on suggested accommodations listed however please note that we can tailor your specific quote to accommodate your budget and preferences.
- Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room with one adult Britrail pass per person as specified.
- Prices are for land only travel and do not include flights.
- Prices are in GBP£ currency, for approximate amounts in other currencies please contact us.