Ben Burgum – Britain Travel Consultant
A proud Welshman, Ben was born and raised in Cardiff’s neighbouring city Newport in the small Roman town of Caerleon. In 2011 he moved to the South West of England to the city of Bristol and graduated with a degree in journalism and media & cultural studies from the university of the west of England (UWE) in 2014.
After spending three years living and studying in one of the most exciting cities in the country, Ben’s boyhood dream of travelling Australia was very much on the agenda. He returned home to work for the family business for one year whilst planning his own journey of discovery across the globe. Two days after Christmas, 2015, Ben departed the UK with his girlfriend headed for Tokyo to celebrate the turn of the new year and embark on a month-long rail trip, exploring some of Japan’s most iconic cities. Having experienced Japan’s unique culture, Ben spent 2 years on a working holiday visa, travelling the east coast of Australia in a bright yellow campervan.
After 18 months of life on the road, he sold his beloved camper to finance another month-long rail journey exploring China. Inspired by China’s ancient relics, Ben constructed his own route from the Capital of Beijing, down to the Southern province of Guangxi Zhuang, before returning to Melbourne, Australia for a final 6 months. On his return to the UK, Ben joined the team here at adeo and brings his enthusiasm for travel, discovery and adventure when assisting all our customers.
In his personal life Ben is an avid sports fan and competes as an amateur boxer and played rugby for over 15 years.
- Specialists in providing vacations to Britain
- Based in Britain with first-hand experience of our nation
- Independent advice and guidance built around your needs
- Offering the personal service you expect from a local travel agent
- Carefully selected suppliers, partners and product providers
- Delivering unique vacation experiences tailored to our guests
- Certified members of the Travel Trust Association
- Providing complete financial protection for our guests
- Emergency out of hours service once you are in the UK