During travel

Your vacation is all booked and you’re ready to travel but you feel you may have forgotten to ask something. Some of these questions may be below.

What should I bring with me?

We always recommend that you travel as light as possible as you’ll need to manage your own luggage on most tours. That said, it is best to be prepared for all weathers in the UK – it can rain and get chilly in the Britain even in the Summertime. Check the long term weather forecast before leaving and bring appropriate clothing. Most hotels will offer a laundry service (at a price) or you can locate public laundromats in most towns and cities if you need to clean your clothes during your trip. Don’t forget to pack an umbrella (in case of showers) and an electrical adapter to fit UK plug sockets for your electrical appliances. For further information on what to pack, check out our blog here.

Can I use my US cell phone in the UK?

Nowadays, most cell-phones will work when travelling abroad especially if your phone is a “tri-band” phone (ask your mobile/cell-phone provider). Most cell-phone networks however will charge overseas or international tariffs so it is best to check all charges before you depart so you know what you’ll be paying. If you want a low-cost way of making calls whilst you’re here in Britain you may choose to purchase a “pay-as-you-go” sim-card (chip) to put in your cell-phone, this will give you a UK number and allow you to call locally. For more information please ask your adeo Travel Britain expert.

I’m travelling and have a question, what do I do?

Call us! In your travel documents you will receive the business card of your Britain expert with a local telephone number within the UK. Pop this card in to your purse or wallet so that you have it with you during travel – it will contain our office number for calls during working hours and an emergency number if you need to call us of an evening or weekend.

I have bought an expensive item; can I claim back the tax?

Unfortunately, no. When the UK officially left EU in January 1, 2021 – many changes took place. Since then, VAT Retail Export Scheme (which allowed to claim back the tax on items that you purchase in the UK but are taking out of the country back to your home nation), have been withdrawn both to EU and non-EU visitors in Britain.

For more information, please check official website by clicking here.

Contact us