City Sightseeing Tours
Operating specially designed, circular routes and a hop-on-hop-off service, each tour not only takes you to see the destination’s highlights but offers the opportunity to get off and visit those of most interest to you. With regular, conveniently situated stops, many located at the major attractions, museums and points of interest, you’ll be sure to see every corner of the city. And with multiple vehicles in operation and frequent departures, you’ll not be waiting long to get back on the trail when youAn excellent way to explore and navigate the popular visitor towns and cities of England, Scotland and Wales, City Sightseeing Tours offer panoramic city tours by traditional open-top double decker bus.’re ready to discover your next destination.
Each tour bus offers complimentary head phones and a comprehensive recorded commentary or live on-board guides to accompany the tour in selected destinations. Either way you’ll learn all about the history, interesting facts and local myths of the city and its key sites.
Your adeo Travel pre-paid City Sightseeing Tour tickets come with a route map and timetable to help you plan your day and each ticket is valid for 24hrs from the point of validation enabling you to spread your sightseeing across two calendar days and get the most out of every destination.
A City Sightseeing Tour is an invaluable addition to any adeo Travel rail tour, allowing you to cover great distances without the leg-work and conveniently navigate many of your destination cities without having to conquer the local public transport network. They are also an excellent complementary service for many adeo Travel self-drive itineraries enabling you to park up your vehicle at the hotel and avoid negotiating the traffic and road systems in some of our larger cities.
Simply ask your adeo Travel agent to add them to your package for your selected destinations and we’ll pop them in your adeo Travel documents so that you have them in your hands prior to travel.
Scottish Heritage Pass
Home to a heritage like no other, Scotland’s ancient cities and wild and remote landscapes remain punctuated with enduring and unique historic landmarks and cultural sites. Explore this treasure-trove of heritage with the Scottish Heritage Pass which offers unfettered access to almost one hundred and fifty attractions scattered across the country from barren battlefields and tumble-down castle ruins to illustriously furnished baronial manors, royal palaces and even the centres of production of Scotland’s famous “water of life” at some of the nation’s iconic whisky distilleries.
The portfolio of properties included within the pass combine all of those under the management of Historic Scotland and the National Trust for Scotland; these are the nation’s official executive agencies responsible for the preservation of Scotland’s historic monuments and environment! The pass however also includes admission to a number of Scotland’s most recognisable Scotch Whisky distilleries, managed by the growing Discovering Distilleries organisation.
Amongst a wealth of hidden gems you’ll also enjoy entry to some of Scotland’s most iconic sites including Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle, Culloden Battlefield, The Battle of Bannockburn experience, Glenkinchie Distillery and Dahlwhinnie Distillery.
Some of the unique benefits of the pass include:
- Free access to 145 heritage sites across Scotland.
- Extensive portfolio of attractions including all of those under the management of Historic Scotland and National Trust for Scotland.
- Admission and distillery tours to a number of whisky visitor centres under the management of Discovering Distilleries.
- Pass specifically designed for and exclusive to the overseas visitor to Scotland and thus includes savings and benefits not found locally.
- Excellent savings on separate admission prices and increased savings the more sites you visit.
- Freedom to visit as many properties as you choose within the validity of the pass.
- Accompanying handbook with postal codes and contact numbers for all sites.
- Easy-to-use ticket and priority admission at key sites including Edinburgh Castle.
- Flexible start dates and valid for seven consecutive days from first validation.
- Child and senior discounts available.
The Scottish Heritage Pass offers an unrivalled coverage of the nation’s key attractions and is a must-have for any self-drive tour of Scotland. Simply ask your vacation specialist to add these to your package and the passes and handbook will be included and shipped to you along with the rest of your travel documents.
Scottish Heritage Pass Portfolio
The Scottish Heritage Pass offers an unrivalled coverage of the nation’s key attractions and is a must-have for any self-drive tour of Scotland.
With a portfolio of 145 properties, the Scottish Heritage Pass offers sites to include all of those under the management of Historic Scotland and the National Trust for Scotland as well as admission to a number of Scotland’s most recognisable Scotch Whisky distilleries.
A full list of included sites can be seen below:
|Aberdour Castle & Gardens
|Leith Hall Garden & Estate
|Angus Folk Museum
|Dunfermline Abbey & Palace
|Maeshowe Chambered Cairn
|Mar Lodge Estate
|Balmacara Estate & Woodland
|Edzell Castle & Garden
|Meigle Sculptured Stone Museum
|Falkland Palace & Garden
|Ben Lawers National Reserve
|New Abbey Corn Mill
|Bishop’s & Earl’s Palaces
|Bonawe Historic Iron Furnace
|Glen Ord Distillery Visitor Centre
|Preston Mill & Phantassie Doocot
|Broch of Gurness
|Glencoe Visitor Centre
|Priorwood Garden & Dried Flower Shop
|Brodick Castle Garden
|Robert Burns Birthplace Museum
|Glenkinchie Distillery Visitor Centre
|Robert Smail’s Printing Works
|Brough of Birsay
|Broughton House & Garden
|Grey Mare’s Tail Nature Reserve
|Royal Lochnagar Distillery Visitor Centre.
|Hackness Martello Tower & Battery
|Seton Collegiate Church
|Caol Ila Distillery
|Skara Brae Prehistoric Village & Skaill House
|Cardhu Distillery Visitor Centre
|Souter Johnnie’s Cottage
|Castle Campbell & Gardens
|Hill of Tarvit Mansion & Garden
|Clynelish Distillery Visitor Centre
|St Abb’s Head National Nature Reserve
|House of the Binns
|St Andrews Castle
|Corrieshalloch Gorge National Nature Reserve
|House of Dun & Montrose Basin Nature Reserve
|St Andrews Cathedral
|Cragganmore Distillery Visitor Centre
|Hugh Miller’s Birthplace Cottage & Museum
|St Vigeans Sculptured Stones
|Inchcolm Abbey & Island
|Crathes Castle, Garden & Estate
|Inveresk Lodge Garden
|The Battle of Bannockburn**
|The Blackhouse Arnol
|Iona Abbey & Nunnery
|The Georgian House
|Jarlshof Prehistoric & Norse Settlement
|Culross Palace & Garden
|The Hill House
|Culzean Castle & Country Park
|JM Barrie’s Birthplace
|The Tenement House
|Dallas Dhu Historic Distillery
|Kellie Castle & Garden
|Thomas Carlyle’s Birthplace
|Dalwhinnie Distillery Visitor Centre
|David Livingstone Centre
|Threave Garden & Estate
|Dirleton Castle & Gardens
|Kirriemuir Camera Obscura
|Drum Castle Garden & Estate
|Lagavulin Distillery Visitor Centre
Cadw Heritage Pass
A country of unbridled natural beauty, the towering mountains, deep valleys and rugged coastlines of Wales are only enhanced by the centuries old fortresses which dot the landscapes; in fact the Welsh countryside is home to 600 castles, more than any other nation in Europe, as well as a host of other historic monuments, monastic ruins and Celtic sites. These hallmarks of this turbulent past are best explored using the CADW Explorer Pass which offers free admission to dozens of Wales’ awe-inspiring sites.
Meaning “to protect” in the Welsh language, Cadw is the government agency charged with the conservation and protection of Wales’ historic heritage and environments. As such, the organisation manages the vast majority of the nation’s publicly owned historic sites and provides the Cadw Explorer Pass which has been specifically designed to help people share in the enjoyment of this heritage. Cadw’s portfolio includes pre-historic stone-circles, roman sites and religious properties across Wales such as the neolithic Pentre Ifan burial chamber in Pembrokeshire and Tintern Abbey whose scenic setting inspired William Wordsworth. Possibly best-known however are Wales’ UNESCO World Heritage sites at Blaenavon, offering insight in to Wales’ unique industrial heritage, and at Edwards I’s “ring of steel” – a series of medieval fortresses throughout North Wales which includes the magnificent Conwy Castle, Caernarfon Castle and the coastal fort of Harlech Castle.
Some of the unique benefits of the CADW Explorer pass include:
- Free access to almost 50 heritage sites across Wales.
- Operated by Cadw, the Welsh Government’s official organisation for the conservation of Wales’ historic environment.
- Pass specifically designed for visitors to Wales.
- Excellent savings on separate admission prices and increased savings the more sites you visit.
- Accompanying regional map/leaflet with postal codes and contact numbers for all included properties.
- Flexible passes enable you to spread visits over an extended period – freedom to visit as many properties as you choose on each day of use.
- Available in 3 day (within 7 days) or 7 day (within 14 days) validities.
- Couple and family discounts available.
The only pass of its kind for Wales, the CADW explorer pass offers flexibility and excellent value for anyone looking to discover Wales’ historic heritage during their self-drive tour. For your pass, simply ask your Britain vacation expert to add it to your package and we’ll mail your pass and accompanying leaflets to you in advance along with the rest of your travel documents.
- Specialists in providing vacations to Britain
- Based in Britain with first-hand experience of our nation
- Independent advice and guidance built around your needs
- Offering the personal service you expect from a local travel agent
- Carefully selected suppliers, partners and product providers
- Delivering unique vacation experiences tailored to our guests
- Certified members of the Travel Trust Association
- Providing complete financial protection for our guests
- Emergency out of hours service once you are in the UK