7 days / 6 nights
London, Edinburgh and Cardiff
Central London, Edinburgh or Glasgow
Yes (subject to rail timetables)
+44 (0)2921 660 747
Rail tour: The Capital Rail Tour
DAY ONE AND TWO
Cardiff City, Cardiff Bay and Cardiff Castle
Cardiff Castle, Cardiff, Wales
Landing in Heathrow or Gatwick take the dedicated airport Express rail link in to London before connecting to the national network to make your way to the ancient land of Wales. Discover Welsh culture in the nation's capital city of Cardiff; begin by wandering the Edwardian baroque architecture of Cathays Park, home to the national museum and gallery of Wales, the Victorian market and shopping arcades or the modern St Davids commercial centre. In the cosmopolitan Cardiff Bay you'll find Mermaid quay, see the National Assembly for Wales, home of Welsh government, the cultural Millennium Centre, and the Victorian Pierhead and Norwegian Church buildings both of which are home to arts exhibitions. On the outskirts of the city you'll find the wonderful Victorian manor at Castell Coch and the Museum of Welsh Life at St Fagans which details Wales' history with reconstructed buildings from throughout the ages. Not to be missed is the city's centrepiece at the magnificent Cardiff Castle whichcombines Roman and Norman history with a gloriously lavish Victorian mansion. By night enjoy a lively pub and restaurant scene at Cardiff Bay or take in a performance at the magnificent Millennium Centre.
Overnight: Cardiff x 2 nights.
Journey time: 20 minutes to London (via Gatwick/ Heathrow Express) followed by 2 hours to Cardiff (approx.)*.
Highlights: Cardiff City, Cardiff Castle, Cardiff Bay and Castell Coch.
DAYS THREE AND FOUR
London City, History and Culture
Trafalgar Square, London, England
Returning to London by direct rail explore world renowned sights of this sprawling cityscape. From Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London and Trafalgar Square to the London Eye and St Pauls Cathedral there are icons around every corner. Enjoy a cruise on the Thames or visit the abundance of museums and galleries the city has to offer including the National Portrait Gallery, the Tate Modern, the Natural History Museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum or the British Museum. Shopping in the capital is a must with the West Ends stores such as Harrods Department Store and Oxford Streets world brands to the small boutiques of Carnaby Street and the wealth of Street markets. By night the city is alive with pubs and restaurants to suit every budget and palate and a wealth of nightlife including the wonderful theatre productions of the West End.
Overnight: London x 2 nights.
Journey time: 2 hours (approx.)*.
Highlights: London Eye, Westminster Abbey, St Pauls Cathedral, Tower of London and British Museum.
DAYS FIVE AND SIX
Edinburgh, Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile
Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh, Scotland
Taking the high-speed rail link north you'll cross the border in to Scotland to the historic capital of Edinburgh. Explore this magnificent city from the twisting alleys of the cobbled old town to the sweeping avenues of the opulent Georgian new town. Enjoy shopping on Princes Street and strolls through the city's gardens before making your way up the Royal Mile to the city's crowning glory at Edinburgh Castle. Possible visits within the city include the Scotch Whisky Experience, the Tartan Weaving Exhibition, the queen's residence at the Palace of Holyrood House, the Royal Yacht Britannia, the Scottish Parliament building and a host of world-class museums and exhibitions whilst short bus rides from the city you'll also find Craigmillar Castle and Rosslyn Chapel, made famous by the Da Vinci Code.
Overnight: Edinburgh x 2 nights.
Journey time: 4 hours and 45 minutes (approx.)*.
Highlights: Edinburgh Castle, Palace of Holyrood House, Royal Mile and Royal Yacht Britannia.
Rail tour: The Capital Rail Tour
- 6 nights accommodation (suggested accommodations listed below).
- Full cooked regional breakfast each morning.
- Britrail Flexi Passes (4 day).
- Adeo travel rail information including station details, journey durations and departure times.
- Toll-free calls to your Britain vacation specialist whilst planning your trip.
- Expert assistance during the planning of your trip and local number for advice during travel.
- Park Inn Hotel, Cardiff x 2 nights
- Lancaster Gate Hotel, London x 2 nights
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge x 2 nights
As our rail tours are fully customizable we can tailor the suggested accommodations for your particular quotation based on your preferences, budget etc.
Unless otherwise requested all suggested accommodations for our rail tours will be within walking distance or a short taxi journey from the local railway station.
- Upgrade your rail passes for First Class Travel.
- Enjoy City Sightseeing Open Top Bus Tours in any of your three destination cities.
- Experience a traditional Welsh Banquet within the grounds of Cardiff Castle.
- Experience a Scottish evening including piping of the Haggis in Edinburgh.
- Purchase a London Visitor Travel card for your London travel needs.
- Enjoy pre-paid tickets to the Royal Yacht Britannia, Madame Tussauds, the London Eye or the Tower of London.
CUSTOMIZE THIS TOUR!
- Add extra nights in any of your destination cities to explore further.
- Pre-book a mini-coach or coach day tour from any of these cities to explore the outlying areas which are hard to reach by public transport.
- Add a stop in the magnificent city of York on route from London to Edinburgh, or in Bath on route from Cardiff to London.
- Combine this tour with one of our other Britain rail tours.
- Add a short drive tour in Wales or Scotland departing from Cardiff or Edinburgh.
- Have your own rail travel expert accompany you on your tour.
Rail tour: The Capital Rail Tour
DEPARTURE DATES 2017/18
This self-guided tour is customizable and can be taken at any time throughout the year and starting and ending on any day of the week - simply let us know your preferred dates of travel!
Twin/Double - from GBP £699 per person.
Single supplements apply for solo travellers – please contact us for details
- Above pricing is an estimated "from" price based on mid-season travel (March/April).
- As this tour can be taken at any time pricing will vary dependent on departure day, date of travel, selected accommodations etc.
- Above pricing is based on suggested accommodations listed however please note that we can tailor your specific quote to accommodate your budget and preferences.
- Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room with one adult Britrail pass per person as specified.
- Prices are for land only travel and do not include flights.
- Prices are in GBP£ currency, for approximate amounts in other currencies please contact us.